Spring is in bloom!!! The wildflowers are absolutely stunning this year. And I can't think of a better weekend than over Easter to spend time outside, soaking in the magnificent colors and beauty that only God can create. We spent one night in Stockdale, so the boys could hunt eggs at Grandma M's house on Saturday with their six cousins. Before we get to any egg hunting stories or pictures, I just HAD to post pictures from our wildflower walk. Take a look at these pictures...then I'll tell you where we took them. ;)
What are these blue things???
J's favorite thing to do is to pick flowers for his Mom. I hope he never stops.
Even further along we found a sea of paintbrushes. Notice how tall they are. I don't think I've ever seen Indian Paintbrushes this large or tall! They were my favorites as a child.
How did he manage to find one white flower in a sea of red??? I love how you can't even see his knees or legs here. Oh, and very quickly, any guesses on where we found these amazing oceans of flowers? At the cemetery! The bluebonnet fields are right behind the city cemetery, and the paintbrush fields are actually in the cemetery, in a new section that was recently opened up. What makes it special, is that this is literally just to the left of where my Popi is buried, as well as some other family members. We all love that this beauty is literally steps away from our loved ones. :)
2 comments:
It goes without saying that your boys are too handsome for words, but add those amazing wildflowers - GORGEOUS!!!
What could be more beautiful than grandchildren playing in wildflowers?? Absolutely nothing!! (know that Popi, your great-grandparents, great-aunts, cousins,Tracy and "Bern" loved not only the wildflowers, but the very special visitors that came to share in their beauty)
Post a Comment