Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wanted: My Lovebug BACK!

 Awwww, isn't he cute? Getting his very own build a bear, that he picked out, and is hugging and loving...it just melts the heart, right? 

Yes, he is cute. Yes, I love him more than I can even put into words. But we've had a rough week. I took him to BAB for a sussie after going in for our third antibiotic last week for an ear infection that just wouldn't go away. We knew this was a possibility b/c of our limited drug choices (he's allergic to the two most common antibiotics used for ear infections). It became clear that tubes are inevitable and we're headed to the ENT this Friday. Big brother had to have tubes too, so we know the drill. Of course, I am a bit more nervous about LJ and reactions to the drugs used during the procedure but we'll talk that through with the doc.

Back to my monster, uh, lovebug. He has just NOT been himself for over a week now. The day after starting the current antibiotic, he became much more irritable, and has thrown tantrums that I have NEVER experienced before in my life. I have actually thanked his older brother for never acting this way. A couple of times.

I am thinking it's a combination of him not feeling well, the crazy antibiotic he is on right now, and of course, his age. He is reacting badly to things that have never bothered him before. Like "the haircut"...oy. He has never cried, never even hesitated at a haircut before. On Friday, he screamed, cried, kicked, hit, and all but spun around in my arms. He either bit inside his lip or poked his mouth with the sucker stick and ended up bleeding in his mouth, had a scratch on his face and hit at the scissors with his hand. With one hair stylist cutting, me and TWO other stylists holding him all we managed was a snip around the ears and base of his neck. Enough to get it off the collar. In hindsight, we should have just not even tried, but she snipped one side over his ear before it got BAD, so we had to even it out, right? I was literally in tears when we got in the car. Not our best day ever.

THIS sweet creature did that? 

Since Friday, and with a few more tantrums thrown in, I have been watching LJ closely. He is much more clingy with me right now. And he really is having mood swings, although yesterday was a little better. So I've given him more hugs, kisses and love than ever before. And I'm praying it's the medicine.

1 comment:

Janai Rogers said...

I'm sorry about the haircut, but now you know why Brody has long hair! :)