Wednesday, March 4, 2009

All kinds of birthdays (& L is 8 months old!)

Monday marked several things for the McD family to celebrate. One was L turning 8 months old. He is getting so big! More on him and what he is doing in a minute. We were also wishing Uncle Todd a HAPPY BIRTHDAY on Monday. I hope he got his e-gift. I must admit, it sure does make it easy on scatterbrains like me to be able to email gifts. I don't love doing it (I prefer wrapping presents for people) but hey, I'm doing the best I can here! Finally, children all over the country have been wishing Dr. Seuss a Happy Bday all week. He is a favorite at our house, and J's preschool teacher also loves his books. She has planned all of the activities this week around Dr. Seuss. Yesterday, all of his class wore plain red shirts to school. Ms. Tish numbered them "Things 1 - 12". :) And to top it off, she even made them look like "Things". Here's the proof -

Yeah, that hair had to be shampooed three times, but is sure was cute! Tomorrow, the class is eating green eggs & ham. J likes ham, but hasn't really taken to eggs yet. It should be interesting. I sure hope Tish takes pictures.

Back to L. My sweet baby is growing so fast! He is starting to scoot backwards on the floor, is trying to get to a sitting position from laying down, and has begun to attempt pulling up (really only while he's holding onto me, but it's a start!) Those D#MN top two teeth are having such a difficult time breaking through though. It's really making him uncomfortable. He's being such a trooper despite the pain, and gave me some good smiles on his "birthday".

Hmmm, wonder what's going through his mind?

This bear......is goin' down!

1 comment:

C. said...

LOVE the blue hair! :)