Everyone I know has been getting sick and dealing with sick kiddos. Our sweet J was on antibiotics twice for a back to back ear infection a couple of weeks ago, then POW. He gets hit with a terrible respiratory infection that turned to bronchitis and had to be on antibiotics for the third time in about a 4-5 week period. Poor lil' dude.
Just as J was finishing up his antibiotics last week, sweet baby L started getting fussy. At first, I thought it must be the dreaded teething...still...trying...to...break...through. Ugh. Finally, on Wed night, after being up with him screaming in my ear for about 4 hours in the wee hours of the night, it hit me. I looked at the hubby and said, "I bet all my money he has an ear infection." Duh. Too bad I didn't place a real bet on that.
The next morning our pediatrician confirmed that L did have a very badly infected left ear, with his right ear on the way to infection. So for the first time EVER, L is on antibiotics. He's on one of those fun, 10-day twice a day meds (I say with sarcasm b/c up until today he has fought us hard on taking the darn stuff). I cannot wait for Saturday to come and go and us be done with that part.
L's sickness has made me remember to be thankful about one thing though - that I am at home with him. He will be 9 months old next week, and this is the first time he's had to take any medicine (other than tylenol or motrin). What a blessing. By this point, poor J had already had at least 4 if not 5 ear infections and antibiotics. I do know how lucky I am to be in the position to be at home with my boys, and these are the times I say extra prayers of thanksgiving for God allowing this for our family.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment