Sorry, I couldn't resist! He was so little!
And here he is today. Kicking his backpack around. Refusing to pose for mommy. He's so cute, it's hard to get mad at him though.
Look what brother drew for me! J drew a very special picture of the two them playing soccer together for the front of LJ's backpack. Have I mentioned how much I love my boys?
He was all business...walk as fast I can to get to that building. I know this place. There are TOYS in there!!!
Why are we stopping??? I want INSIDE!
After trying to walk into J's room from last year, I pointed LJ in the right direction and off he went. Didn't even look back!
He was too busy playing from the minute we got there to stop for a picture. So then daddy tried...
...and could only get a smile by hanging him upside down like a monkey!
He spots Thomas the Train and tries to figure out just how he's going to get that toy.
Mommy forces a hug before leaving. He "let" me kiss his cheek and then turned around to keep playing. Not one tear. Let me tell you, SO much easier than leaving his crying, pleading big brother at this age. It really hurts your heart when they cry for you. At pick up, he waved, got up and hugged me, then showed me what they were doing. His teacher said he was one of the only kids that didn't have one tear all day! My heart soared, I tell ya!
We also had reservations as the date approached, due to his food allergies. Of course, I was WAY more worried than hubby, but even he was a bit concerned and was eager to talk to the teacher and make sure they would be on top of all of LJ's issues. So imagine our surprise when we showed up at the "Meet the Teacher" event on Tuesday and found out that there is another little boy with the EXACT same food allergies that LJ has. AND, his parents are both Aggies. Hubby and other Aggie Dad joked it must be something in the water there.
So LJ's new "twin" is just two months older and they are destined to be friends. They will sit together at lunch, and Al's mom and I are already making plans to get together for "allergy talk" soon...over ice cream without the boys, of course! And the Preschool could not be more amazing - they have taken the issue to heart, both the teacher and her assistant have already sent home a list of approved snacks that both LJ and Al can eat - ON THE FIRST DAY! How awesome is that? GOD IS SO GOOD! LJ just went through some allergy testing again in the past 2 weeks and it is scary. Nothing with Dairy or Egg. Not even as a dry ingredient. He even reacts to whey from milk in products. So yes, I was worried. Worried that my toddler, not knowing any better and having done it in the church nursery, would eat his neighbor's cheese or pick up a goldfish off the floor and have a reaction at school. But thanks to his awesome teacher, the amazing director and the rest of the staff, I'm just not so worried now.
I also have to admit, I am also thrilled that I'm not the only parent with "the allergic kid" in the class. The school already has a NO-PEANUT policy, but this will be new and different for the other moms. The other mom and I agreed that while we wished neither of our boys had to deal with these isssues, we sure are happy they ended up in the same class together!










No comments:
Post a Comment