Saturday, September 4, 2010

Now that I'm Two...

...what will I do? SLEEP IN MY BIG BOY BED???

Our little guy said YES to his twin bed and no to the crib forever on August 23rd. We've had the twin bed "ready" for him since the first week of August. We did what our pediatrician recommended for our oldest son, and that was to start with just the box springs and mattress on the floor. So we disassembled the frame of his twin bed about a month ago and told LJ it was all ready for him. No go. He seemed a little interested, but it was as if it was too much to handle. So back in the crib he went. No big deal. He is such an amazing sleeper we were happy to let him stay in that crib as long as he wanted.

Fast forward to Monday, August 23rd. I walked LJ into his room after declaring it nap time. He literally walked over to his twin bed and pointed to it. I asked him if he wanted to take his nap in his big boy bed instead of his crib? "Yeah" he sweetly replied. Negative Nelly over here thought he'd get in, play around for a couple of minutes and get out wanting to go back to his crib. I tucked him in and closed the door. A few minutes later and a quick check of the monitor showed him still in bed. Ten minutes later, he was asleep! He took his normal 2 1/2 to 3 hour long nap, and woke up as happy as could be. YIPPEE!

We tried it again that night - same thing happened. And the next day at nap time, success again! So when Daddy came home the second night, we quickly disassembled the crib and got it out of there so he could not change his mind. He has slept every night and during every nap time since with no problems. HOORAY!

As luck would have it, he goes to sleep so quickly that I have yet to take a picture of him in his big boy bed. But I will soon, and promise to post it. In other news, I think the most painful part of getting those darn two-year-molars is over - I can see points through on all four! Whew. After two months of that, we are both breathing a sigh of relief.

And now, here are some classic LJ pictures.

Love that grin. He is such a happy boy! And sweet - he has started putting his little arms around my neck from behind and putting his face around so he can kiss my cheek. He is a lover for sure!

What's in there? Practicing to be a doctor already.

Now let's check my dinosaur. He loves dino's right now, and roars just like they did when we saw them at the museum. Very cute. And yes, his mismatched outfit bothers me, but I reached for the first pair of shorts I could get out of his drawer after a messy lunch!

No comments: