Well, unless you are literally talking about rain here in our area. HA! We actually did get 1/2 inch here during the night...we need more though.
No, I'm talking about our weekend and the past few days. I have been MIA due to both my boys and myself all being sick. First, J was coughing and acting like he was trying to get sick last week. Then I was stricken with a bad infection (mastitis for you moms that can sympathize) and knocked off my feet on Thursday evening/Friday morning. I just have to say, that is one brutal infection. I had every symptom under the sun, including fever & flu-like symptoms, and it was awful. I just never knew it was that bad, or that I could get it this late in the game (I thought it only hit mommies in the first 4-6 weeks post-partum.,,apparently not.)
After starting my meds Friday afternoon, I thought, at least we are heading into a weekend. It should get better, right? Nope. That evening, the baby started acting like he was getting sick with a cold and from then on, no sleep was to be had by anyone. By Saturday, I had the same virus/cold as L. No fun for either of us - he's too young to really take anything for a cold (except nose drops) and I'm still nursing, so most cold meds are off-limits to me. The good one's anyway.
Thankfully, I think we are coming out of the worst of it today...knock on wood. These horse-pill antibiotics my doc has me on seem to be clearing up the bacterial infection, and I think my head cold is finally retreating too. Right now, L is fast asleep and seems to be breathing MUCH better. And J still has allergies, but says he feels "fine mommy."
Now, Daddy, who bragged to our pediatrician about how he was the only one NOT sick, is feeling kinda poopy. I have to snicker a little, but of course, I really hope he isn't getting sick. And if he does, he better stay far away from the rest of us!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment