Thursday, October 2, 2008

Lovin' that Thumb!

He's trying really, really hard to figure out how to suck his thumb. You can clearly see him in action here. He favors sucking on his left hand, and is desperately trying to learn how to get just his thumb, not the whole hand, in his mouth.

At times, I try to help him out. Then memories of "hot sauce" being put on my thumbs by my parents flood my mind. Yup, I was a thumb sucker. And it took me a looooooooong time to break the habit (though I get it honest according to my Granny. Apparently my dad did it too and didn't want to give it up either.)

He does take a pacifier, but doesn't love it. Sigh. I know I won't be able to stop him from putting that thumb in his mouth, but since I already know how to take a paci away (J loved his and it really wasn't difficult to break him of it) I just can't help but wish he'd be content with that. Much easier to take away a pacifier than cut off a thumb, ya know??? ;)

1 comment:

C. said...

I can't believe he's having his three-month birthday already! What a cutie pie - just like his big bro. :)