Thursday, November 13, 2008

Remembering

I remember November 13, 2004 so well. I remember exactly what I was doing that day. It was a Saturday and I was home being VERY pregnant. I was about 4 weeks from my due date, and the hubby had gone to the Aggie game that day in CS. I did not make the trip due to being so uncomfortable and close to delivery. I was sort of listening to the game, cleaning around the house and surfing the Internet for baby stuff. It was later in the evening and hubby was on his way home. I decided to check my email one last time before assuming my position on the couch. I was so unaware of what I was about to read.

I was excited to see an email from Heidi. She had been emailing me more recently to let me know how she and Colin were doing in Germany, and also to keep us updated on Sean. He was in Iraq and she had recently let me know he was in one of the more dangerous places. As soon as I opened that email, my heart stopped. I had to reread it several times before it sunk in. It was so difficult to comprehend. I couldn't wrap my mind and heart around it. Sean was gone? He had been KIA? That didn't make any sense.

Today, four years later, on the anniversary of his death, it still doesn't make any sense. Sean was a great man, a wonderful husband and had just begun on his journey of being an amazing daddy. We think of him often and still miss him. And today, we send out extra special hugs and prayers to Heidi. We pray for her often, but today, I want her to know we all love her and Colin and will never forget her brave, selfless husband. xoxoxoxo

No comments: