
The ladies man has struck again. Our sweet J is really something. Last week, I was picking him up from preschool. I knew there was a story to be told as his teacher walked out with him, beaming and saying that she had the sweetest story to tell me. I was chatting on the phone with my mom as she was bringing him out. I told Ms. Tish this, and she replied, "Great! She will love this too." I'll admit, I was nervous. ;)
She proceeds to tell us that in class that day, she was asking the kids if they could have one wish, what would it be? When it was J's turn, she said he thought for a second and then told her he didn't really know what to wish for. She told him she would come back to him later. Then she asked little Ally (J's sweetie) what her wish would be. She said Ally quickly replied, "I wish I was a princess." Ms. Tish said J's hand shot up in the air and he exclaimed, "Ms. Tish, I know what I want to be!" She asked him what and he replied (with a huge grin I'm sure), "I wish to be Ally's prince!" Where this child gets his smoothness, I'll never know. lol
She proceeds to tell us that in class that day, she was asking the kids if they could have one wish, what would it be? When it was J's turn, she said he thought for a second and then told her he didn't really know what to wish for. She told him she would come back to him later. Then she asked little Ally (J's sweetie) what her wish would be. She said Ally quickly replied, "I wish I was a princess." Ms. Tish said J's hand shot up in the air and he exclaimed, "Ms. Tish, I know what I want to be!" She asked him what and he replied (with a huge grin I'm sure), "I wish to be Ally's prince!" Where this child gets his smoothness, I'll never know. lol
One more sweet J story - I asked J to lay down with me at nap time on Sunday. We had to take L to the doctor that morning (post to come about that) and we were all tired. Daddy was out with Uncle Trav for the afternoon, so when L finally went to sleep, I quickly pulled J in bed with me. Since we missed church, I promised him I would read him a Bible story. I asked him which book he wanted me to read to him. J replied, "The one that gets me to God." I was confused, so I asked again, "But which book do you want me to read?" He has several individual books that are specific stories from the Bible that he loves to read, in addition to his Kid's Bible. He said again, with some frustration, "The one that gets me to God. You know, Mommy, the Bible. It shows you how to get to God."
Kids have the most amazing insight sometimes. :)
Kids have the most amazing insight sometimes. :)
3 comments:
Love that photo especially in B&W; did you take it?
Um no, but thanks for thinking I did! I wish I had a better camera so I could TRY to take pictures like that. But alas, it's a teaser pic from our photo shoot on Friday. I had J's 4 year pictures and L's 9 month pictures taken, as well as a few family shots. I'm anxiously waiting for the photographer to send the link to the gallery now...
Could our kiddos be any sweeter? I don't think so...
Post a Comment