Thursday, April 16, 2009

Quick LJ Post

I don't have much time - I have leadership training for the league tonight so I'm trying to get ready for that and entertain the boys. Of course, the days I have meetings, L doesn't take his full afternoon nap. Maybe he knows I'm leaving and just wants to spend more time with me before I head out for the evening. That's what I tell myself anyway. ;)

So I will have this on record somewhere, I am so proud of my big baby boy! He has started waving hello and good-bye and just yesterday, he said buh-buh-buh-bye! I "think" he is trying to call his big brother something...just not sure if he's trying to say his name or brother or what. (I am SURE it's a sweet name whatever it is! lol)

He also "told" me a couple of days ago that he did not care for the lunch I was trying to feed him. He patiently took three bites (after I promised him the 3rd would be be his last), then he sighed, and shook his head no at me. It was funny - although I'm not sure I like that he is already telling me no.

He and big brother also got a special treat on Good Friday. It has become my ritual to take my car to the mall to have the oil changed (at sears) so I can run errands while they are changing the oil. No sitting around a waiting room for us! Well, it took longer than normal b/c of the upcoming holiday weekend. I was done with my errands, and didn't want to tempt myself with any more "mommy" stores as J calls them, so I took the boys to Build A Bear. It was L's first trip there and his big brother lovingly helped him stuff and create his very own bear. (J picked out a cute puppy he named Scruffy.)

Here is L getting his bear - which we named Baby. I have more pictures of him kissing Baby, but I took these with my camera phone and can't figure out a quick way to download them.

2 comments:

Ghee said...

What a sweet, sweet look! He is so precious...just like his big brother. It seems we might have another "Smokey Bear" lover like J.

C. said...

I'm so impressed your mom is blogging!! Go Mama C!