Monday, April 27, 2009

Why We Love Our Pediatrican


Reason number one million (b/c there are soooooo many things to like about our pediatrician's office) that we love the practice our boys go to...they have regular Saturday AND Sunday morning hours. Every weekend. From 8:30 a.m. to Noon. With a REAL doctor on call. Talk about service.

So L started coughing and sounding nasty Saturday night, tossed and turned and cried all night, and woke up Sunday morning ALMOST sounding like he had a croupy cough. Since his big brother has had the croup, I know what it sounds like, and was pretty sure that is was NOT that, but that it sounded bad enough to worry me. Add to that his extreme fussiness on Saturday and that morning, and the hubby and I decided it was worth a trip to the doctor's office. After having J on so many breathing treatments his first 2-3 years of life, the whole chest/breathing/coughing issue is not one I take lightly. So off we went to see Dr. G (not our regular ped, but one we've seen a few times) for a 9:50 a.m. appt. On a Sunday morning. Again, I love these doctors!

Even though L's cough was sounding bad, the doc announced it had not gotten into his lungs and he was not wheezing. YAY! But as soon as the doc looked in that first little ear, he saw that L had an ear infection. And the other ear apparently looked like it was on it's way to infection too. Exactly a month after the last one. Here's hoping this is IT! I know it's only two, I just really hope L doesn't have the ear issues his big brother has had. Not only b/c I don't want him to have to get tubes, but darn it, they are just painful! At least that is what my hubby tells me. He would be the expert in that area. Oh, and my sister too. Poor things - don't they know adults aren't supposed to get ear infections???

By the way - both the picture in this post and the one of J in the previous post were taken at our photo shoot on Friday. They are J's official 4 year pictures, and L's 9 month shots. We started the session with some sprinkles spittin' at us, and a bit of wind, but in the end, I was so glad we had an outdoor shoot, and I am sure our photographer got some great shots. I mean, look at these two cute guys! I cannot wait to see the rest!

1 comment:

C. said...

I LOVE these pictures!! She always does such a great job. :) Hope your little guy feels better soon - so all of you can get some rest.