Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy 85th Birthday Grandma!

Today is my sweet Grandma's birthday. And it's a big one - she is 85 years young today! We called her earlier and after a sweet rendition of "Happy Birthday" sung by J, we had a nice chat. She told me some things I never knew about her childhood and we both agreed that the perfect way to spend a birthday is to take it slow, lounge around the house and enjoy the phone calls from all of your family and friends. She had just hung up with another well wisher (my sis I think) and got one call while we were on the phone, and then I hung up with her as she was answering another! To say that a lot of people love this lady is a major understatement.

My mom and I recently were looking through pictures from when my Grandma and Popi were first engaged and married. Some of them I had never seen before. It was so much fun to see and one of the family pictures we liked the best is here --
It may not be the best picture of my aunt (but we all know how hard it is to get kids to smile) but she is still a cutie, and my mom, well she was so little that even though she isn't smiling she still is one adorable baby. But my grandparents - they look so happy. And my Grandmother had on some of the most beautiful dresses in these pictures. She looked like she had been styled for the era - beautiful, every hair in place...even after two kids. Of course, I think she is still beautiful and one of the most amazing ladies ever.


This picture was taken at our wedding. It was one of my favorite pictures from the whole day back then, and I still love it as much 11 years later.

Grandma told me today that she has been so blessed in her life. Family has always been the most important thing to her, and I know that she loves having so many great-grandchildren fill her house with laughter and love (well, she mostly loves it...except when they get TOO loud!!! HA!) But what I say, and I know ALL of her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren would say too, is that WE are the one's that have been blessed. More than I can put into words...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!!!! WE LOVE YOU & CAN'T WAIT TO CELEBRATE WITH YOU ON SATURDAY!

2 comments:

Janai Rogers said...

Happy Happy Birthday to a very special lady!!!!

C. said...

I love the pictures of your grandma, especially the black and white family photo. She is one amazing lady!