We took our sweet baby boy for his one year well check yesterday. After stripping him down to his birthday suit, the hubby and I placed bets on how much he would weigh. Can you believe I lost??? I was sure he was over 25 lbs. Not so. The hubby was only off by 3 ounces. Here are his stats --
- Weight - 24 lbs 6 ozs = 75%
- Height - 29 7/8 inches (could they really not just have said 30?) = 50%
Head - 49 cm...STILL in the >97%, but following the outside of the growth chart curve, so the doc's not worried
So here we were, thinking our little guy was still just behind his big brother on his weigh in. Well just now, I went to retrieve J's stats from his 12 month visit and guess what? L is BIGGER! O.k., so only 2 ounces heavier, but still. I had in my head that J weighed 26 lbs at a year, and he actually only weighed 24.4. Hmmmm, guess he went through a growth spurt right after and was then up to 26 lbs. Regardless, I am so surprised that L has now surpassed his big bro. He is still about 1/4 of inch shorter than J was, but both his head (tee-hee) and his weight have J beat. Now I'm totally confused as to who will be the bigger boy....
In other news, the doc said that for the next round of shots at 15 months, we'll probably have to trek down to the pedi-allergist to get those as one of the shots contains eggs. I think I may postpone that one until his 18 month mark. Just not eager to hold my breath and wait to see if he has a reaction. Of course, there would be no better place to be...right?
Dr. H was very impressed with all that L is eating, and with his words. L even answered Dr. H with a shake of his head, saying "no." Yay, GREAT that he can do that, isn't it? At least he's cute!
1 comment:
He out-weigh's us, but we love him anyway!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment