Thursday, September 10, 2009

The First Day

As expected, J had a great first (and second) day of preschool. He was so excited when I told him that he gets to go again tomorrow! It's going to be a change going from two days a week to four days a week, but so far, he seems to think that it's a GREAT thing. :) Now I just have to get used to it!

He had no problems walking right into that building and settling in. I had to yell at him to turn around for a picture.

Ahh, there we go. Bye Mom!!!! See ya later!!! (sniff, sniff...j/k. It is waaaaaay easier to leave your child when they are NOT crying. Trust me, I've been on that end more than I care to remember, and this is much, much better.)

Checking out the room. No shy guy here. He has already made NEW friends, even though 4 of his old classmates are back with him. Awesome! And he helped out one of his new friends on Day 2 and got rewarded. They have color charts this year and all start on Green. The kids can go up to Blue for doing something nice, helping a friend, etc. They go down to Yellow, then Red for not listening. Well today, J casually mentioned on the ride home that he moved up to Blue for helping one of his new friends clean up without even being asked! Sure enough, there was a sheet in his folder saying the same thing!!! Daddy and I are so proud of him!



So the next 4 pictures were taken in quick succession. After posing for his "formal" back-to-school photo, he was so excited and so ready to get to school that he was about to burst. All of the sudden he said, "I'm gonna do a happy dance." It is my pleasure to give you JWM's happy dance...


And not to be forgotten, my lovebug. He wasn't too sure about leaving big brother yesterday, but soon realized that it meant he got mommy's undivided attention. He was pretty happy. :) Of course, he was glad to see his big bro at pick-up and even clapped today when J climbed in the car. Too sweet!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

So does he have your dance moves? LOL! Glad he is back . . . so now we need to meet for lunch with Liam!