Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's Preschool Time!


Today was a big day for J. Something he has been counting down "sleeps" to - Meet the Teacher day at Preschool!!!! WOOHOO! I think he was especially excited about seeing all of his buddies from last year, even though his special friend isn't in his class this year (but he'll get to see her on the playground. :) The picture above is J and his friend E riding the Wiggle Worm Train. They were classmates last year and are friends. E has a baby brother who is only a few weeks younger than our little L, so these two have a lot in common.
We were all a bit nervous about meeting his new teacher, Ms. Amy, due to the fact that he was supposed to have Ms. Kim, but she decided during the summer to take a full-time teaching job in her little town NW of here. So far, Ms. Amy seems very sweet and friendly. Although about half of his class is "new", J was relieved to learn that three of his other buds were in his class. He waved as we left for the parent assembly - soooooo much different than last year!

J with his new teacher, Ms. Amy.

Tomorrow will be an exciting day. I'm sure I'll have a tear in my eye as I pull out of the parking lot after taking him to class. Not so much because I'm leaving him, but because I cannot believe how grown up he is getting and this is his pre-K year.

On a side note, I mentioned to Ms. Amy that J would be having his tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy in two weeks, and if he seemed overly emotional or sensitive, that is probably why. She was so understanding and sympathetic - one of her daughters is currently being evaluated for the same thing and so she absolutely understood his worry and fear - and mine too! It will be so helpful for her to know what is going on, should he mention it or have a breakdown at school. I'm hoping he will have so much fun there the next two weeks, it will be forgotten for a while!

SWEET TREAT!!!!!
After meeting J's teacher, we hit the neighborhood ice cream shop for a sweet treat with Aunt C and EK. Aunt C wanted to do something special for J for back-to-school. It's always a treat for him to spend time with any of the Bird girls. ;)
Our little monkeys.
What, us? We're totally innocent!

Tired little monkeys after dancing (literally) around the entire place.

No comments: