Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 9 Post-Op

We're hanging in there, but our poor little man is having a tough time. I keep saying, "tonight's the night...no crying in his sleep, no waking up in pain." We haven't had that night yet, but I know it's just around the corner. J did perk up yesterday - he had two sets of special visitors and it really lifted his spirits. He is so tired of the pain...you can see it in his little face. Please keep praying that his healing speeds up and he can start eating again and getting his energy back (he is still living on mini-ice cream sandwiches, but only 2 to 4 of those a day at most is not much to sustain anyone.) When he "hit the wall" on Tuesday afternoon, he even stopped eating for a bit...we knew to expect it, but both daddy and I are so ready for him to feel better.
A couple of pics from the hospital - the little patient zooming through the surgery pre-op area right before getting his sedation. He loved all the "vehicles" the hospital had for him to ride on. Really helped take his mind off of what was about to happen.

Just after I put him in the wagon to leave the hospital. This was almost exactly 24 hours after his surgery. Even though he looks a bit sad here, he did think it was cool he was able to ride out of the hospital in style. ;)

No comments: