Both boys had their well checks today. I must say, I'm glad they will never have to go at the same time again. Not just because we had two to deal with, or the fact that we were there actively talking to our pediatrician & going through one test or another for almost 2 hours!!!! Nope. It's because they are in such different stages, it was difficult to stay on track. But it was nice of them to offer to do J's 5 yr check and L's 18 month check all at the same time so I would only have to make one trip. Really, it was.
Big Brother, the 5 year old -
He LOVED this well check. It's one of the few with NO shots!!! Yippee! He is soooooo difficult when it comes to shots, so this was a welcome break. He was super cooperative on everything Dr. H asked of him, and they talked Super Mari0 Broz at the end. J had a hearing and vision test, blood pressure check (all good) and got to pee in a cup for the first time. ;) He is just under 45 inches tall (75-90%) and right at 44lbs (75%...I thought they told us 50% but this is what is written down?) I will have to look back, but I think he only gained a couple of pounds over the course of this past year. Not surprising - the surgery caused a little weight loss, plus, he's not a super fabulous eater...which Dr. H very sternly addressed with him. We are ALL going to put more work into this and see if we can't add TWO new veggies to his diet. Sounds easy, right? When Dr. H suggested he try broccoli or tomatos, J tried to reason with him, saying, "But I DO eat ketchup! That's tomatos, right?" :) Too smart for his own good.
Little Brother, the 1 1/2 yr old -
He did NOT love his well check. He doesn't like sitting still, he doesn't like laying down when Dr. H checks his tummy, or mouth, or ears...whatever. He doesn't like it. We were reassured that the words that L does have in his vocabulary are sufficent for now, and that it is extremely common for 2nd children to not talk as much as their older siblings did. Which we already knew - I've seen it with many of our friends and family - but it's nice to hear again. ;) What wasn't a surprise? We have a Baby Teapot! (You know, short & stout!!! lol) Here are L's stats:
Height: 32 1/4 inches (50%)
Weight: 28.8 lbs (75-90%)
Head 49.5 cm - the biggest excitement of the day!!!! ONLY 90th%!!!!!! This is awesome, since he's measured in the >97% since 6 months. It really, really relieves a bit of our "are you sure his head isn't too big?" worry. Daddy and I actually cheered!!!!
Sweet boys, in great health. Who could ask for more?
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment