Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I LOVE Bargains!!!


I hit the jackpot. Well, the bargain hunting jackpot anyway. ;) We are redoing the upstairs playroom, to make it more "user-friendly" for the boys. I wanted some seating for them up there, but didn't really want a love-seat or couch. So for a couple of months, I've had it in my mind that they needed bigger versions of that cute little chair from p0ttery b.arn k1ds. We bought the smallest (my 1st aw chair) for J when he was one. He loved it and used the snot out of it. It fits L perfectly now, but has J's name on it. Which of course, bothers no one but me! So really, I was just looking for the BIG one for J, and thought I would just recover the little one for L. Imagine my shock when I looked on the store's website and found that the oversized version with a plain denim cover was on sale for $139.00 (plus tax & shipping). Ummm, no thanks.


So the search began. I stumbled on a posting for TWO of the chairs a week ago. I was the 2nd interested party, and thought, "Darn, I'm NEVER fast enough on this stupid site!" lol Turns out the first person flaked, so I got an email and off I went. They are the medium and large chairs, so now we have all three sizes. The medium chair (L's new chair) had a name embroidered on it. Daddy used his handy skills to cut it out, but of course, with the fading of the fabric, you can still see the name. A new cover is on it's way for his chair (on sale right now for $19.99 with a super hero emblem on it...score again!)


The big chair had no personalization, and the fabric is in great shape, so YAY! We'll order J some cool patches with his name or a fun logo to add to it and viola! I purchased BOTH of these chairs for a mere $40. If I had ordered them, exactly as they are, I would have paid $293!!!!!!! (Yes, I'm a nerd and went to see how much with shipping and tax it would cost...wanted to show hubby how much I saved him!) I love, love, love bargains!


And as you can see, the boys LOVE their new chairs. :)


1 comment:

Janai Rogers said...

WAY TO GO! Very jealous and I don't even need chairs. Love a great bargain!!!! Congrats!