Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Kindergarten Thanksgiving

Our lil' pilgrim at his school's Thanksgiving program last week. He was the only boy in the entire class that choose to be a pilgrim. When we asked him why, he rationalized by saying that "since all the other boys wanted to be indians, if I am not a pilgrim, then there will be no boy pilgrims. How can the pilgrims and indians feast together without a boy pilgrim?"

And he sure did make a fine pilgrim!

 Tipping his hat to mom and dad prior to the start of the show. 

Getting into the performance.

 Both Kinder classes, and their teachers, singing the 10 songs they learned. It was so impressive and when they sang "God Bless America" at the end, and asked the parents to join in, I'll admit, I got teary-eyed. And thankful - for this amazing school and the precious journey it has led us on so far.

The thanksgiving feast. The kids prepared their meal on Tuesday, and the mom's served it to them on Thursday. They took such pride in feasting on food they had prepared. (That's J's teacher standing to the right.)

No comments: