Friday, November 19, 2010

Zoo Field Trip

We took a fun field trip with Sterling friends the second week of November. Since we are all north of the city, we choose to travel to the Waco Zoo. I had never been before, and must say, it was well worth the drive! (I have to go on record as saying that the SA Zoo will always be my fav though...I've been going there every year since birth, so it's only natural! ;)

Yes, I realize it's kinda nerdy to lead with a picture of an animal versus my kindergartner, but this Orangutan was soooooo neat! I think this is closest I've ever been to one. They gave our group a small lesson on how they check this fellow out every day. So neat for the kids (& parents) to see!

That is a sleep tiger, just a few feet away. All of the exhibits at this zoo were so kid-friendly - low rails, easy to see habitats, interesting exhibits. Even though it is a bit smaller than some other zoos, we all gave it an A+!

 A little boy in animal heaven.

 The majority of my pictures are of the backs of our kids hanging over fences. lol  Giraffes in the distance.

 One self-portrait of me and my little man (and a giraffe above my head). We had SO much fun. Thanks again Ghee for keeping little brother so we could spend some quality time together.

 So many of the walk-ways and areas are build up like this. It really is a beautiful zoo.

 This was a close as J would get to the piranhas!

 Some of the kids from school. We couldn't get all of them to sit still, but here are some kinders and their siblings. Oh, and a jaguar right behind the kids in the middle!

 Boys and water. What else can I say?

 Tee pees in front of the bison exhibit. They had two open for the kids to play inside. Our little nerds were so excited because they had just started talking about Pilgrims and Indians in school!

 Inches away from a lion and his lady. The mom's oohed and aahed over the pretty streaks in the lion's mane!!!

We ended our day at the neat treehouse playground. My son is climbing on the ginormous snake in the back of the picture. I highly recommend stopping by this zoo if you are ever in Waco!

No comments: