Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Best Money We EVER Spent

I finally broke down and purchased something I didn't think we needed. I told myself it was an unnecessary expense because we already had something similar. But after listening to numerous new mommies talk about how great this product was, how much their babies loved it and spent lots of time content in it, I KNEW I needed the new model. What am I referring to???

A baby swing. And to be more specific, a PAPASAN baby swing. See, we have a baby swing from when J was a baby. J didn't spend much time in it b/c he didn't really care for it. Well, hubby broke it out a couple of weeks ago and lo and behold, L doesn't like it either. I think it's just not very comfortable. It's one of the traditional chair swings, that can only swing front to back. The chair is plastic with a thin, lightly padded cover. Since we make big babies, neither one of my boys looked especially comfortable in it. Oh well. I figured no big deal.

But then I realized I needed more time during the day to get things done. As much as I WANT to hold L all day, that just isn't realistic. Especially with J wanting to have some of mommies attention and hugs too. Not to mention, my house is really suffering. My goal is to have it cleaned by Christmas. Really. That's not a joke.

Anyway, by the Grace of God, the very same night I went in search of a good deal on this swing, someone in our town (only 8 minutes away) posted they were selling theirs for less than half the retail price!!!! AHHHHHHH! I emailed immediately, confirmed it was from a smoke-free home, and by the next afternoon was the proud new owner of the Fisher Price Nature's Touch Papasan Cradle Swing!!! WOOHOOO!

Here is L taking his first ride in his new swing (yes, I took off the cover and washed it...) He is swinging side to side in the picture, and the chair will also rotate to the side and swing front to back. I think we'll stick with what works for now! lol!

Here he is less than 5 minutes later...

And again this morning. He LOVES it! He not only sleeps in it, but will watch the mobile above and listen to the music play. Seriously, the best money we ever spent. :)

1 comment:

Janai Rogers said...

congrats! welcome to my world of peace. I believe FisherPrice owes me some comission. I have sold two of those in the last two weeks. Me or my children would not have survived this long without them. HEAVEN!