Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A BIG DAY!

Today was an exciting day in the McD household. Our big boy, JWM, went to his new preschool for "Meet the Teacher" day. As some of you know, we've tried preschool before. Last year, there were many reasons we ended up pulling J out - he wasn't really thrilled to be there and didn't seem "ready" for it; the school and teachers were very nice, but it wasn't what I was looking for; he got sick twice in the first month of being there (his whole class did), etc. In the end, it was the perfect decision, because we were able to spend some quality time together before his baby brother came along.

Well this year, I think we have found a winner. From everything I have heard, it's an amazing program that teaches kiddos both a classroom AND Bible curriculum. The theme is "God's Garden" and he is in "The Bug Class." Back in March, I could see that many others had heard how great it was too, when I went to register him. I was praying he would get a spot because I heard people would be there early to line up. I was there around 7 a.m. - the doors didn't open until 8 a.m. - and there were already people lined up that had been there since 5:30 that morning! In the rain! Luckily, when I got up to the registration table, there was ONE more spot in J's class. Whew. After this morning, I can see why. While J spent about 45 minutes with his new teacher and classmates, the school held an orientation for the parents, which was very organized and informative. Such a welcome change from our other experiences. Our prayer now is that J will learn and thrive in this environment. He is the biggest sponge right now, and both hubby and I think being around other kiddos his age on a regular basis will be so good for our little man. And more importantly, he seems REALLY ready to be there now.

Enough blabber, here are some pictures from this morning. This is about one minute after getting into his new classroom. We could tell he felt right at home.


And after the meeting was over, he took a ride on the Wiggle Worm Train in the parking lot of the church. It helped to seal the deal in this little boy's eyes - Preschool is going to be a blast this year!!!! (His first day of class is on Thursday. I hope he still feels this way when I pick him up that afternoon!)

1 comment:

TheSartors said...

YEAH J! You are such a big man today! Congrats mommy on a great day.