Friday, August 7, 2009

Our Little Dude is SWIMMING!

Sadly, we don't have any pictures to post with this, but I wanted to document this MOMENTOUS occasion. Our little man J has been taking swimming lessons every Thursday all summer long. Last week, we saw much improvement and the teacher actually let go of his hands for a couple of seconds while he was swimming. I was so proud I had tears in my eyes. J has been VERY timid in the water and tends to get a little scared when he thinks about not having anyone or anything to hold on to when he swims. L and I are there every week, cheering him on. But yesterday, Daddy came home in time to take J to swim lessons so I wouldn't have to wake up baby brother. Boy did I pick the wrong day to miss lessons!!!

As soon as the boys walked in the door, I knew something big had happened. Daddy looked very proud, and J was beaming. Miss Carly, the instructor, had convinced J and his classmate into finally taking off without holding on to her!!! He swam across the pool to her ALL BY HIMSELF!!!! At least a good 5 or 6 six feet! THIS IS HUGE!!!!

Needless to say, I'll have my camera next week. ;)

1 comment:

C. said...

That's AWESOME!!!! We're so proud of your little man. What a major accomplishment!! ;) This calls for some celebratory banana muffins.