So because I'm a slacker and forgot my camera (but at least had the video camera at the museum), these are all pictures from my phone. And the camera on my phone is severely lacking, especially in low light. Oh well - we had a great long weekend that started with the boys and I traveling to Stockdale for Grandma's 86th birthday, and a visit to the Dino exhibit at The Witte Museum.
L was not afraid of any of the dinos, even though they all moved and "talked". Actually, he seemed to prefer the bigger ones! It was a great exhibit and is apparently very popular. Loads of kids were there, but Ghee, the boys and I still really enjoyed ourselves.
Mom has pictures of my boys and nieces with the bday girl on her camera, but I liked this one, since LJ was talking to her. I think between my two boys and the girls, Grandma M. scored about 100 hugs. I was so, so happy we were able to actually celebrate with her on her birthday. We love her more than all the stars in the sky, all the sand on the beach, all the grass on the earth...you get it.
On Saturday, we actually ran errands as a family!!! It was kinda exciting b/c the hubby and I have been using every free weekend and evening to work on the swing set/fort (which only has a wheel and binoculars to be added, and some final touch up to the stain and it will be D-O-N-E!) It was a great day, took care of some things to get J ready for kinder and tried out a new burger joint. L thought feeding dad fries was too much fun.
Later on Saturday, J and I headed down to Wimberley to visit my Granny at my Aunt's house. Of course, when we heard the pool was "open" we made sure we packed our suits. Poor LJ and Daddy stayed at home, as our little dude started running fever. More on that below, but first, isn't this a beautiful pool? Their house sits on 5 acres (I think) just a few miles outside of Wimberley. You can literally see deer, roadrunners, all kinds of birds, etc., just looking out the living room window. The flip side - dad killed a scorpion while J and I were in the pool, and I'm willing to bet there were snakes close by. Ahhh, mother nature.
I had to include this picture. So as I mentioned, L hasn't been feeling well for a couple of weeks. Come and go fever, sniffles, and MOLARS. We actually had to go to the doc on his birthday, which is when I took this picture (made sure he didn't have chicken pox...whew, dodged that one!). One of the pediatrician's there is a Star Wars fanatic, and my tot had a great time exploring (think action figures hanging from the ceiling and all over the walls!) We go back tomorrow for his 2 year well check, and I'm praying my doc will have some sort of miracle up his sleeve to make these darn molars come through! The past 2 days have been miserable for him...crying while awake, while asleep...all the time. At least the worst didn't hit him until after his birthday. I think it's time to break out the whiskey! No, not for him. For mama!!! ;)



1 comment:
I can't believe he's two. These handsome boys are growing too fast! LOVE the pic of them at the dino exhibit.
Post a Comment