Thursday, December 18, 2008

Much Deserved Recognition

And the winner is...
I am soooooo glad today finally came. I have been keeping a secret from my husband for about a month now. Having to do with him. Getting an award. Needless to say, I had to completely put it out of my mind so I didn't tell him in a burst of excitement.

Through work, the hubby has become very active in professional organizations. One such organization is BOMA - Building Owners and Managers Association - a national organization with a local chapter. Recently, he was asked to be a committee co-chair on BOMA's Sustainability Committee. (This came about due to his work on the City's Water Conservation Task Force.) He has provided his industry and clients a much-needed presence in the discussion on water conservation in our area. Apparently, the powers that be at BOMA took notice and decided to award him with the BOMA Allied Professional Member of the Year Award!

The hubby's boss called me up about a month ago to ask me to attend. She not only wanted the award to be a surprise, but she wanted me to come as an added surprise for JMcD. How thoughtful, right? Our lives have truly been blessed since he joined this company almost three years ago.

I am so proud of my guy. He has worked so hard and given LOTS of extra time and energy to both BOMA and the task force outside of work (plus he also served on yet another committee with the LCRA...I won't lie, there are some nights when he gets home late that I don't LOVE all of these extra obligations!!! LOL! But I'm still very proud of him.) And now, I am so thankful that someone else out there appreciates this extra effort too!


This picture was taken just after he received his award and realized I was there. Not the best picture (of me), but you can tell by the smile on his face he was very surprised and happy. :)

2 comments:

JMcD said...

Man, that is a great looking couple!

The Flanigan's said...

CONGRATULATIONS Jody!! We're proud of you!!