Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Poor L the Second Child

Yesterday was L's 5 month birthday. I didn't forget in the midst of the chaos, but I DID forget to take one single picture of him. Sigh. I know I had extenuating circumstances, but still. I swore I would take just as many pictures of him as we did of J. It's already started. I will take his picture this morning and post later today. Even if I have throw up on me. (J started the day today around 5 a.m. with a vomit episode. Lucky for me, hubby was running late so I asked him to stick around while I feed L in the nursery. This is when J decided to throw up - all over hubby AND our bed.) The good news is that J is awake right now and seems to be o.k. for now...knock on wood.

I did fail to mention in my last post that yesterday was not a good day for L either. For some reason, every time I tried to put him down - in the swing, exersaucer, on the floor, in his crib, etc - he started crying. Totally uncharacteristic of him. (And very difficult to take care of a sick boy with a baby in your arms...which was another reason I was ready for the day to be over.) He is normally such a happy baby. So either he is trying to get sick (please, no) or he was feeling the stress of the day. Or maybe he is starting to teeth? I don't want to stick my fingers in his mouth right now for fear of germ-spreading, even though I'm washing my hands about 100 times a day.

For those of you familiar with strep, have you ever had an infant get sick with it? My doc said it's very uncommon, but not impossible. We shall see.

No comments: