It shouldn't surprise me. My little man is such a sweet boy. He has really good manners for a preschooler, he is so thoughtful and caring, and of course, is quite handsome. But he is only 4 years old. Can he really already have a girlfriend?
Apparently so. This all developed last Thursday. As soon as he opened the car door and started climbing in during pick-up from preschool, he dropped the bomb on me.
"Mommy, I have a girlfriend," J said. I'm sure the look on my face was priceless. I turned around (he sits behind me) and looked at him, then his teacher, who was smiling as she buckled him in.
"A what?" I asked, trying to stay calm. So he tells me all about his girlfriend. How nice she is and that she had pink and yellow in her hair. Of course, I know who he is talking about because she's in his class and there are only 12 kiddos in his class. She IS sweet and cute...long, blond hair. But really, a girlfriend?
It gets better. He then tells me they held hands. Ms. Tish adds that the girl also helped J up when another boy knocked him down. Smiling, J said, "Yup, then we held hands for like, the rest of the day!"
I must admit, it was cute to hear him talk about her. Very innocent. But then my mind started to wander, and not a second later he declared, "And she tried to kiss me!" Ahhhhhhh! After talking to him about why we don't kiss at school (thanks Aunt C for the advice on how to address this topic), I told him that it was so nice he had a special friend and decided not to make anymore of it. He did get to tell both his Ghee & Nana about it on the phone though. He was so proud. Of course, his daddy is proud too, but also hopes this little girl doesn't break J's heart. Awwwwwww.
Fast forward to today. J is back at preschool (remember, he only goes on T/TH so he hasn't seen this girl since last Thursday). I pick him up and the first thing Ms. Tish says is that they were inseparable. She said she caught them holding hands again, but no kissing. Whew. I think she isn't making a big deal out of the hand holding b/c it is really innocent. Fine with me - but if they start smooching, momma's going to have to step in. ;)
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment