Monday, February 9, 2009

What we're teaching our kids at home


I have been meaning to post this little tidbit for a week now. We had J's best bud, EK, over last week. They were both so excited to see each other, and shortly after Aunt C left for her meeting, the two of them were upstairs bouncing around the playroom. I got L settled in his swing and crept upstairs to peek in on them. I am SO glad I did...what I saw was priceless.

EK was over at the play kitchen starting to "cook" while J was standing in the middle of the playroom watching her. Without seeing me standing there, this is what I heard --


EK: I'm going to make breakfast now.
J: O.k.
EK: You be the daddy and I'll be the mommy.
J: (laughing) Yeah.
EK then looks at the kitchen, looks at J, looks back at the kitchen and promptly drops her pan and walks over to the little armchair where she plops down.
EK: (pointing to J then motioning to the kitchen) You go cook me breakfast now.
J: (as if this is totally normal) O.k.!

At this point, I'm laughing and walk in and say, "So it's daddy's job to cook breakfast?" Both of them look at me, smiling, and in unison shout, "YES!"

We're teaching them something right, aren't we ladies???

1 comment:

The Flanigan's said...

EXCELLENT lesson! Way to go Kathy!!!