Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Mister Man!

Today is the hubby's birthday. For those of you counting, it's his 35th. Wow. It sounds kinda old, but doesn't really seem old. Especially since that's how old I'll be in November. On second thought, it sounds really YOUNG. :)

Tonight we will continue a tradition by having his 11th annual birthday dinner at Freebird's. It's so nice knowing exactly what he wants for his birthday dinner. Even when we celebrated his 30th birthday with a party elsewhere, we still ate at Freebird's on his actual birthday.

The boys and I have been working on his surprises all day (sorry babe - if you're reading this before coming home for the day, I'm not giving anything away!) Little L did give his daddy one early surprise last Friday night though. As his daddy was on the phone talking to Nana & Papa D, I was feeding L his dinner in the kitchen. JMcD walked in, and as soon as L looked over his way he said, "Dadadadada." Awwwwwwwwww. Then he did it again. He MADE his daddy's night. Maybe week. Daddy was just excited that ONE of his son's said his name before mine.

Honestly, I was just as excited as he was! Well, excited but also a wee bit bummed. I know this is crazy, but I had been working with L to get him to say da-da and was hoping he could wait until TODAY on JMcD's actual bday. I know, I know - he's 7 months old. I should be happy he is saying it this close to his daddy's birthday. But how neat would that have been?

Even though this isn't the first time the words have come out of his mouth, at least this video was taken TODAY. I can't believe I caught it. Talk about luck.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LOVE!!! THE BOYS AND I LOVE YOU MORE & MORE EVERY SINGLE DAY!! WE CAN'T WAIT FOR TONIGHT!

2 comments:

The Flanigan's said...

Cute Kathy! GREAT timing!!! :)

C. said...

His little voice is so sweet. I'm sure it made hubby melt to hear it. ;) Enjoyed Freebirds and those yummy cookies!!