Saturday, February 13, 2010

RIP Leo the Goldfish


January 2009 - February 2010

Today, the J man stumbled upon a very upsetting site. His lil' buddy, Leo, was not moving. Floating belly up. Without trying to look too panicked, J very quietly said, "Mommy, what's wrong with Leo? Why isn't he moving?" My heart fell. I quickly walked over to the tank and it was truly a depressing site. I didn't have to say anything. After looking at Leo, I turned to J about to speak, but before I could get one word out, he broke. Who knew a fish would bring so many tears? (Yes, even I had one or two in my eyes...it was tough to see J so upset. I should have known he would be, as tender-hearted as he is.)


We're o.k. now. Ghee & Papa stopped by for a couple of hours to bring the boys valentine surprises and take us to dinner. It was just what we needed. J perked up, and even though he is still sad, he is o.k. We had a nice burial at sea for Leo, and J said his good-bye's. Leo was a good little fish, and I know J will always remember him as being a great first pet.


Now off to snuggle with my sweet, big-hearted boy.

1 comment:

C. said...

Awwww, poor little J!!! What he needs is an amazingly fun play date at Chick-Fil-A to cheer him right up!!