Sunday, February 21, 2010

We Just Mailed A Letter, We Just Mailed A Letter...

It's official! Our little man J is going to be a Sterling Soldier. Here he is mailing our commitment, course selection and registration fees on Saturday. He seems to be just as excited as we are, and believe me, we've talked to him at length about the type of school he will be attending in the fall.

In a nutshell (No, this is me in a nutshell. Help! I'm in a nutshell!..couldn't resist lol), but seriously, for those of you wondering, Sterling is a university model school, with a fusion of Christian, Classical Education and the Charlotte Mason philosophy of learning. That translates to a part-time private school (like universities – you go to class and get the core instruction, then work more on the subject on your own time, teaching children the important lesson of self-discipline and time management), taught in the classical trivium (schools of grammar, logic and rhetoric), with the belief in hands-on teaching, all taught with a Biblical world view.

There are so many things about this school that are incredible and if you want more info, I'd be happy to share with you (just ask our family - hehe). What this does mean is that I will have the big man J at home with me every MWF, with him going to school Tues/Thurs. While that may overwhelm some, it excites me. I'm sure there will be days that will be trying, but at the same time, I'm going to be a HUGE part of my child's education. And that is exciting. Scary? A little. But way more exciting than scary.

And for those of you worried about my sanity, Baby L will be starting his own preschool program come September, and he will also be in school on Tues/Thurs, so I WILL have two days of glorious ME time. Guess since he'll be going to preschool and will turn 2 this summer, I'll have to stop calling him Baby L. Maybe just for a little bit longer... ;)

No comments: