Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Day Before

For now, the main focus of this blog will be our two boys. I am starting this blog from July 1st - the day before our family grew from three to four. It was an exciting day, since we knew L would be arriving in just 24 short hours. My OB decided that day she wanted us to check into the hospital that evening, to get me "ready" for the induction the next morning. The funny thing was that I was starting to contract on my own, and by the time JMcD and I checked into SMC that evening, I was dilating and effacing and was having contractions every 2-3 minutes! Luckily, they didn't hurt at that point, so instead of giving me any medicine, they decided to let me go on my own through the night, and gave me an Ambien to help me sleep. I loved that pill. I slept like a baby that night - looking back, I was probably so excited because I knew it would be my last night of solid sleep for a long, long time!

Here are some pictures from July 1st. I will come back and post more about the day of L's birth and photos from the blessed event. In the meantime, here we are with J, on his last day of being an only child, right before we left for the hospital --






YUMMMMM - my FAVORITE treat during this pregnancy - cupcakes! This batch was one I made myself about 3 days before our scheduled induction. I was nice enough to share with J. :) They were so yummy - think I need to go make some more.



And finally, here are a couple of pictures of me getting settled at the hospital the night of July 1st. It was SUCH a different experience going in and NOT being in hard, painful labor. I was so unaware of my surroundings and such when I got to the hospital to have J, that this time, it almost seemed like we were checking into a hotel. Of course, we left with the best souvenir of all!


No comments: