Friday, July 25, 2008

Three Weeks Old & A Cold

Well, it didn't take long for L to get his first cold. And here I thought having a summer baby would eliminate the danger in him getting the sniffles this early! Unfortunately, he started sounding snarky Sunday evening, and by Monday night, he could not lay down in his cradle, even on his little incline b/c he couldn't breathe through his nose. :( I held him in my arms, propped up in bed for most of the night, and then my FAB Hubby decided to go in late to work so I could get a couple of hours of "real" sleep in the early a.m. hours. Luckily for us, this only lasted a couple of nights, and by Wed evening, he was back to sleeping in his cradle.

My pediatrician decided he wanted to see L to make sure he wasn't having any ear issues. So off to the pediatrician's office we went. Luckily, no ear infections (please don't let him have his daddy & big brother's ears!) Dr. H said it was just a basic cold - we could use saline in his nose and the bulb syringe to suction. Fun. They also weighed him again. This was exactly a week after his 2 week appt. He went from 7lbs 15ozs at 2 weeks to 8lbs 11ozs at 3 weeks. WHOA! Almost two whole pounds in his short three weeks of life. Guess I don't have to worry about him getting enough from his mama!

For fun, I found a picture of J that I took at the same point as one I took of L yesterday. They are both 3 weeks 1 day in these pictures. J's little face was definitely much rounder than L's is, but if this baby keeps gaining weight at this rate, he'll be catching up soon!




And here's another one of L from yesterday...b/c he looked so cute!

No comments: