This picture is one of the MANY we have taken of J holding L. He is so proud of his little brother. He ignores him a lot, don't get me wrong, but asks to hold him at least 5 or 6 times a day. You will see MANY pictures like this here. I apologize in advance if they get repetitive.

So after a slow morning and getting the boys out of their pajamas, we actually went on a family outing on Friday. We had not had a great night, but I was at my "cabin-fever" breaking point. I think because the recovery has been easier for me this time around, I have been much more anxious to be out and about. Plus, my body was starving for some sunshine. I knew that I was still tired, so didn't want to overdo it. The logical choice - Target. :) We loaded the boys up and off we went. J was so excited because it was the first time all four of us were together in the car. We only shopped for about 45 minutes, and L was covered by his carseat shade AND stroller shade so no one could even see him at the store. (Eliminates the urge for strangers to pinch a cheek or touch his hands. WHY DO PEOPLE TOUCH BABY'S HANDS??? Even people that I know. It drives me crazy. That's a whole other post.) L slept the whole time, J sat on his "jump seat" in the back of the stroller and I enjoyed stretching my legs. Of course, by the time we left, I was exhausted, but it felt good to get out. Here is L getting ready for his first big outing -


Our next outing will be going to the pediatrician on Tuesday for L's two week check-up (he'll actually be a day shy of two weeks, but his doc isn't in on Wednesday's). It will be nice to get out again, and J is looking forward to seeing Dr. H - especially since he knows he won't be getting any shots! I'm sure he'll still ask for a sticker though. :)
One final shot for the day. You can sort of get an idea of what L's hair looks like in this picture. It is long on the top in the middle, down past the tops of his ears on the sides and he is starting to rock a mullet in the back. Some of it appears darker than other spots, but overall, it's pretty blond. In fact, his eyebrows and eyelashes are so blond it's difficult to even see them in person. I am anxious to see what his hair will do over the next few months. J's kept getting lighter and lighter. If L's does the same, we may have a cotton-top!

1 comment:
What a cutie....believe it or not, he already looks different than when I saw him! We can't wait to see him again!
Post a Comment