Wednesday, July 16, 2008

We Survived...

...newborn photos. Barely. L decided to pee all over his cute outfit right before we headed out the door. I was so proud of myself too, because we were right on time. Until the pee incident. Sigh. So he ended up in the first onesie I could grab from the clean laundry pile. No big deal since most of the pictures were of him in either a diaper or the buff. Then, my little pill bug, who only cries when we change his diaper and occasionally when he is gassy, decided he needed to scream a little as soon as the photo session started. We had to take two nursing breaks and ended with a poopy diaper. At least for the last 15 minutes or so he was awake and content. I think our photographer was able to get some good shots - we'll find out in a few days.

The real stink of it all is that L's umbilical cord was still pretty attached during the photo shoot. No big deal - I'll just pick out pictures where it doesn't show for his birth announcement. Well, as I was getting him dressed to leave, I noticed it was hanging on by just one side. Great. AFTER the shoot is over it decides to come loose. And wouldn't you know it, not more than an hour after getting home, that darned little stub fell right off! AHHHHHH! Really, it couldn't have fallen off 3 hours earlier? His tummy looks so much cuter now. Hmph.


Another picture of the boys. Because I know you haven't seen enough yet. :) (Plus, this is L's "serious" look. Very funny, and he's made this face since day 1.)

No comments: