Yesterday, L turned one month old ~sniff, sniff~ It has been a great first month with our sweet baby boy. J has been such a loving big brother (give or take one or two stressful, possessed moments) and the Hubby and I are much less stressed this time around about having a newborn. I find myself trying to cherish every single moment of L being so little and tiny, yet at the same time, anxiously awaiting the day when he is just a tad bit older and is sleeping through the night and interacting a little more. I know, I know - soon enough I'll be wondering where this time went. :)
I should mention that L is a GREAT sleeper. I think since we've hit the one month mark, it is less likely a fluke, and more than likely just his nature (I really didn't want to jinx it by saying anything any earlier!) Pretty much from the first week home, he has been giving us one good four hour stretch between feedings at night. It's usually the first stretch - he'll eat around 9:30 p.m., then crash, then wake up between 1:30 and 2 p.m. It's amazing how getting more than 2 or 3 hours of sleep in a row can really help. After that though, in the wee hours of the morning, it's usually only 3 hours between feeds, and occasionally, only 2 or so. I am tired, but at the same time, I wasn't sleeping much better prior to having him, so not much has changed. Except now I have to be AWARE when I'm awake of what I'm doing, or else I might drop a baby. I promise I haven't, yet. The other great thing about L is that at night, he eats, then is ready to go right back to sleep. I call it the "milk coma." Puts him right out!
Here are some oh-so-cute pics of the boys from yesterday. Happy One Month Birthday L - we love you and can't wait to celebrate many, many more milestones with you!

I should mention that L is a GREAT sleeper. I think since we've hit the one month mark, it is less likely a fluke, and more than likely just his nature (I really didn't want to jinx it by saying anything any earlier!) Pretty much from the first week home, he has been giving us one good four hour stretch between feedings at night. It's usually the first stretch - he'll eat around 9:30 p.m., then crash, then wake up between 1:30 and 2 p.m. It's amazing how getting more than 2 or 3 hours of sleep in a row can really help. After that though, in the wee hours of the morning, it's usually only 3 hours between feeds, and occasionally, only 2 or so. I am tired, but at the same time, I wasn't sleeping much better prior to having him, so not much has changed. Except now I have to be AWARE when I'm awake of what I'm doing, or else I might drop a baby. I promise I haven't, yet. The other great thing about L is that at night, he eats, then is ready to go right back to sleep. I call it the "milk coma." Puts him right out!
Here are some oh-so-cute pics of the boys from yesterday. Happy One Month Birthday L - we love you and can't wait to celebrate many, many more milestones with you!
Proud big brother holding "his" baby. Aren't their outfits cute? Thanks Nana!
No comments:
Post a Comment