Monday, August 4, 2008

L's one month check-up

Today was L's one-month check-up and he did great! He got a follow up vaccine and he was a trooper.

The big news is that he weighs... 10 lbs and 6 oz (50-75% on growth chart). That is a three and a half pound gain in the first month of his existence. He is 22 inches long (50% on growth chart). He is not afraid of an aggressive growth pattern. I am sure that the wife will add details later on.

*************UPDATE***********************

The hubby was right, I have more to add. :) So when we got home, I checked to see what J weighed at one month. I suspected about 1 1/2 lbs more than what L weighted today - guess what? I was right! J weighed in at 11lbs 13ozs at one month. Almost exactly 1 1/2 lbs more. L is gaining the exact same amount of weight that J did, as L started out 1 1/2 lbs less at birth than J did. Kinda cool. L has gained 3 lbs 7 ozs since birth; J gained 3 lbs 6 ozs!!! Weird huh?

So even though L is "behind" where his big brother was on the growth charts at this point, we suspect he will soon catch up. Oh, and in case you were wondering, his head is also measuring in the 50-75%!!! Brainy like his big brother.

No comments: