Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy Six Months Sweet L!

I cannot believe Friday marked L's six month "birthday". Where did the time go? I am feeling the pressure to really savor and enjoy this time with him. We feel like our family is complete now, and I want to treasure every little baby moment while I can. Even the poopy diapers - which by the way are much easier to change now that he is eating a bit of baby food!

Both his daddy and I are truly enjoying this happy little guy. We commented last night how lucky Big Brother is because he doesn't have to hear L cry very much. He is just such a content little guy and lights up when he is talked to and smiled at by all of us, but mostly when his brother is trying to entertain him. J can really get L's little giggle box going. Those are the moments I am trying to etch in my memory. :)

L has started a couple of new things now that he is six months old. One that didn't surprise me was him waking up Friday morning with swollen gums. J cut his first FOUR teeth in the 48 hour time period surrounding his 6 month bday. Looks like L wants to keep a similar timeline, but I don't see any pearly whites just yet. Here is a short list of some other accomplishments:
  • sitting up with minimal support (again, he seemed to realize he is 1/2 year old and needs to be doing this!)

  • eating both breakfast (first fruits) and dinner now (first veggies and cereal)

  • trying to jump out of our arms...especially Daddy's lol!

  • still rolling but tries to keep from rolling onto his tummy if he can help it
  • we swear he is saying "hi" - he makes this exact sound when someone says hi to him

Enough of that. Enjoy this pictures!

With his smooshy bear in his crib -

Laughing at his big brother -
Ready to take off -

No comments: