Friday, January 30, 2009

Preschool next year just won't be the same...

When I picked J up from preschool yesterday, I was chatting with his current teacher about his options next year. Fall enrollment is in two weeks, so we already have to figure out how many days and which days we want him to go. He can either go three or four days a week (he only goes two days right now), and I am leaning towards three days for many reasons. One was because I knew his current teacher also taught the MWF 4/5 year old class and I know I've mentioned on here how much we love her (plus J's cousin will be there those days, in another class, so that would neat too!)

As we are chatting, she tells me the MWF class is a great class, and so & so will be teaching it next year and what a great teacher she is. What? "Wait. Isn't that your class?" I asked, not wanting to hear her answer. To which Miss Tish replied, "Yes, but this is my last year here." Nooooooooooo! I'm sure she saw the disappointment on my face. I really don't think there are words to explain how amazing this lady is. She entertains them, laughs with them, acts silly with them and LOVES them. She has helped my little bug (his class is the bug class) come out of his shell and really gain confidence away from mommy & daddy, which I think is SO important. And her discipline method is so impressive. I am not just sad that J will not have her as a choice next year, but sad for the preschool. WCP just won't be the same without her.

Sniff, sniff. :(

1 comment:

C. said...

How sad! You know what, though? He'll have another fabulous teacher because you have him at such an amazing place. ;) I'm sending a hug and passing a tissue - because it's still disappointing. I bet you've all had just as much of an impact on Miss Tish, too.