After a trip to the pet store (and almost coming home without a goldfish...that's another story) J became the proud owner of a small goldfish that he named Leo. (His daddy says it's short for Leonidas, but really, it's just Leo.) J is so cute - after we feed Leo, he will cheer him on and say, "Swim this way to your food Leo. Go up Leo. You almost got it. You can do it!"
Friday, January 23, 2009
Our First Pet
Now that J is four, he thinks he is such a big boy and should be allowed to do so many things he was not able to do when he was only three (and just a baby, in his words). This includes having a pet. And eating green beans, which he said this past week he would do now because he's four. I'm anxious to see if that will really happen, but I digress. Back to the pet. He's been talking about pets and animals a lot lately. Of course, the first kind of pet he asked for was a dog. Not gonna happen. His daddy and I explained to him the reasons why, and he said he understood. About a week ago, he and daddy were talking again about pets. The topic turned to fish, and daddy said he thought J might be old enough to take care of a goldfish. I was unaware this conversation happened until the next morning. After eating breakfast, J informed me that daddy had given him the o.k. to get a goldfish. Really? I wasn't sure, so I called the hubby and sure enough, somehow, J had softened up ol' dad and gotten him to agree.
After a trip to the pet store (and almost coming home without a goldfish...that's another story) J became the proud owner of a small goldfish that he named Leo. (His daddy says it's short for Leonidas, but really, it's just Leo.) J is so cute - after we feed Leo, he will cheer him on and say, "Swim this way to your food Leo. Go up Leo. You almost got it. You can do it!"
So proud of his goldfish.
After a trip to the pet store (and almost coming home without a goldfish...that's another story) J became the proud owner of a small goldfish that he named Leo. (His daddy says it's short for Leonidas, but really, it's just Leo.) J is so cute - after we feed Leo, he will cheer him on and say, "Swim this way to your food Leo. Go up Leo. You almost got it. You can do it!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you're a brave mom. do you know how the McD's do with fish?
Our poor Nemo is in a sinking ship. The pump broke on our fish tank this morning, and I have NO idea how to fix it. T isn't coming home until tomorrow...so I guess it's like getting sick on a cruise ship with no doctor. Poor Nemo...say hello to that great fish bowl in the sky!
Post a Comment