Tuesday, January 6, 2009

We have Teeth!


Not just A tooth, but TEETH! So last night, L woke up around 2 a.m. He cried off and on for the rest of the night. I let him lay down with us and he still was crying. It was totally out of character for him. I figured it had to be either teething or tummy issues. I didn't have a chance to try to pry his mouth open this morning though, as we were rushed to get out the door so J could get back to preschool and then get L to his shot appointment downtown.

I have been checking L's mouth every morning for teeth since seeing the swollen gums last week. This morning, I decided to let the nurse check when we got to the doc's office...maybe I was just seeing things and his gums really weren't puffy. She pulled down his lip and stuck a gloved finger in and said, "Oh yeah, there are teeth there." Sure enough, I got L to give me a big grin, and as plain as day I could see them. Guess this is another thing he'll do just like his big brother - cut teeth two at a time. I just hope we have a little break before he cuts the next two.

The other thing he does just like his big brother? Grow. He weighed in at 19 lbs 3 ozs today. This was just a shot visit - his official 6 month check is in two weeks - so we didn't get his height. I just wanted to make sure he could still ride in his infant car seat. Sigh. Not for much longer!

No comments: